Raeng will be on holiday for two weeks, behave guys. See you soon!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Evil Within 2

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

301 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 8:17

To note, a new patch was just uploaded with.... actual things:

• AKUMU mode
  • infinite stamina cheat
  • super strength cheat
  • invincibility cheat
  • minor bugfixes

I am as amazed as you guys are, cannot wait to put this game in again this weekend and toy around with it. Sadly Akumu isn't a 'mode' to switch on like the others (so no Akumu Classic). And it probably really is just shoved in (so the firewalk won't be balanced with it in mind). Still, very excited to play this again!

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

302 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 8:46

Birdman

You're kidding! I thought they abandoned this game. A sign of things to come perhaps?

I might give akumu a try. Hopefully they remix enemy placements. So much potential for crazy shit like putting the laughing freak in chapter 3's open area or something.

But yeah I think it will be more a lazy one hit kill mode than anything else.

View user profile

303 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 8:57

The only way to get the new features is by signing up for a Bethesda 'group' or something, so it reaks of a quick way to get our information for newsletters and stuff. But I'll gladly sign my spam-mail up for something like this. Seriously cannot believe I am going to play this gem again this weekend, perfect for Halloween (even though I don't celebrate that here).

304 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 9:43

Birdman

I might boot it up as well. Tonight. I'm really curious as to how they've done Akumu mode.

View user profile

305 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 9:47

Let me know what it's like!

306 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 10:29

Birdman

I'm loading it up now. Will likely take a little time to get to some combat but I should be able to tell you something within the hour.

View user profile

307 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 10:50

Awesome, let me know! How did you sign up, can you do it from inside the game?

308 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 10:50

I'll give you my eternal thanks if you can quickly setup a Stream using the Share function on PS4 so I can watch from work.

309 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 11:00

Birdman

My connection doesn't work with it for some reason. I've tried in the past.

It's making me install some 14GB something. The actual update was only around 900mb. No idea what it's doing now but I may have uninstalled the game at some point and forgot about it. This is going to take around 10mins.

View user profile

310 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 11:52

No problem. Everyone in the galaxy is going wild about Red Dead Redemption 2, and here I am screaming about a new rushed out the door mode for this game haha!

311 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 12:06

Birdman

Got to chapter 3 and ran to the gas station.

While I didn't see everything, the enemies in that large area near the station seem to be the same. Looks like it's simply a one hit kill mode. The AI seems as limited as before. I had no issue running into a bush a short distance away and losing them.

The description says a single hit is deadly and skills that prevent you from dying no longer work.
Stealth kills are still instant death, at least for the regular guys.

You can activate any of those infinite abilities at any time in the menu. Being on Akumu doesn't stop you.

View user profile

312 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 12:39

Was there a white-witch girl by that house? Or was it just a regular mook? Because that's an indicator of Nightmare Mode enemy layout. Same goes for the first house where you have the forced encounter, was there another zombie by the door?

> infinite powers work regardless of the mode

Well everyone in the galaxy can get the Platinum now then haha.

313 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 21:55

Birdman

I might not be familiar enough with the enemy layout but I'll try.

If you mean the house with the woman and kid where you first get the gun, there was a single zombie smashing on the door who breaks in when you try to leave.

I know the part by that house with the white lady and I think I saw her in the distance. Other than that no idea.

Something weird happened though. I approached the gas station then heard something like an explosion behind me but it sounded distant. Then most of the zombied and that tall screaming thing all ran away in the same direction. To the far left towards the road where against the far left you'll find a gas puddle (and I think a car). Past that you go into the area with houses. I found them all huddled together behind the house. Wtf was that?

Ive also noticed severe framerate drops even when nothing major was happening. Might just be my old PS4. I dont remember having it slowdown like this before though.

Is there an akumu trophy? Wouldnt be much point if you can cheat for it.

View user profile

314 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Sat 27 Oct 2018 - 7:46

There isnt a trophy. Also the explosion is normal. Just a jump scare event. Other than that it seems to be NightmareMode with one hit kills. Only weird thing I saw happen was that an axe didnt kill a Lost. It broke. Really weird.

315 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Sun 28 Oct 2018 - 12:55

Play some more on Akumu, doing a 100% sweep of Chapter 3 and 4 so that takes a while (want that max Gel, you can get around 100.000 in those two chapters alone combined). The biggest change I've noticed so far is that on Akumu the molotov-Lost are very dangerous. If you stealthkill them it is a basic 50/50 chance you take damage form the fire and die instantly. This means that you have to take these guys out using guns, which I don't really like. Using shotgun > stomp is also dangerous, since you still risk dying in flames.

On another note they fixed the disappearing boxes glitch. Triggering the ghost events in Chapter 3 could despawn certain key boxes that held loot (like a weapon upgrade part). The only way to get those back was to reload the game after a save-trigger. They now fixed it. Can't believe they fixed something this minor but left some of the more big parts in tact. The enemy AI is still absolutely abysmall in a hilarious sense.

Think the whole run will, again, revolve around preparing for the Fire Walk segment. I can see that part being near impossible without the right load out. As such, I also don't see handicap runs working on this mode, it just isn't made for the game I feel. A No Upgrade Run should be doable all things considered, but doing True Survivor, Handgun Only or let alone Knife Only is entering the realm of impossibility.

Should be noted that you'll be swimming in gel in the Akumu run later-on since a solid 50% of the talent tree is now useless.

316 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Mon 29 Oct 2018 - 2:03

Birdman

lol@classic mode with cheats.
I wonder why they allowed this. Did a lot of people complain about this mode and the trophy?

AI
They would have to consider it broken first though. I remember complaints about the first game but don't remember if AI being too good or hard to escape once seen were among them.

Challenge
No upgrade is the most possible, but then I don't know.

What are your plans with this mode? Playthrough? Challenge attempt?

View user profile

317 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Mon 29 Oct 2018 - 8:06

Yeah the cheats work universally. The Classic Mode got a lot of complaints since it was such a hard one for casual players, which...is kind of the point like with Akumu. You can also just completely steamroll Akumu with the cheats enabled for whatever reason.

I feel this again shows it was just a quick addition. If they'd put some time into it they'd have just disabled trophies with them, or only allow them on difficulties you'd already cleared.

> Challenges
I doubt I'll touch this game again for a while after this, other than PERHAPS a True Survivor Run. Just anything that sees me skip Chapter 3, 7 and most of 13. The open world is already getting me down. I like the area, and I know the good routes, but it is getting very tiresome. When I do it I don't want to half-ass it, so I have to kill everyone, which takes a long ass time. I'm nearly fully upgraded now though. But I'm more itching to go back to FotNS after this before Smash hits in december.

318 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Mon 29 Oct 2018 - 8:25

Birdman

I cant play it again either.
Horror games often lose their value to me after experiencing them.

My first run through this game was absolutely terrifying. Something about exploring those empty houses that may or may not be inhabited really creeps me out. I have nightmares about this sometimes. Like I'm going house to house on my street looking for items and the sky has this gross yellow color. Not sure why, but it ain't good.

I also have this strange fear of American diners. When I came across the one in this I froze and didn't approach it for a while.

View user profile

319 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Mon 29 Oct 2018 - 9:23

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but like I pointed out in my article, it is more a Math problem now. When do I shoot, when do I save bullets. How do I use each axe perfectly etc. So there isn't really a 'threat' anymore. Especially now that I know how to knife everything haha.

I agree that first run was the best. Opening doors (love how you could open doors while aiming for a unique animation), not knowing if there's something inside. Great stuff.

320 Re: The Evil Within 2 on Tue 30 Oct 2018 - 6:48

Birdman

I agree that first run was the best. Opening doors (love how you could open doors while aiming for a unique animation), not knowing if there's something inside. Great stuff.
It truly was. Deadly Premonition was sorta the same. I can't play it again because it's long and I know everything that's going to happen. The exploration thrill is totally gone.

There's no remedy for this sadly, though it doesn't happen for every horror game I play. RE, Fatal Frame, Haunting Ground don't suffer from these and are infinitely replayable for me and are shorter and more linear.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum