Neverdead

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Neverdead Empty Neverdead Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:37 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users

Neat Action-Shooter hybrid, I'll play this soon again also, I gave up in the final boss, it got frustrating but upgrades carry over to all other runs, so you can play to chapter 3 and go back and be upgraded on chapter 1.

On PS3 and Xbox360. It's kinda awkward at first and a bit jank, due to the rampant physics gameplay and how your body parts fly off all over easily, but pretty unique and decent fun. Tons of upgrades that really change the game, like explosive limbs(you can throw your limbs, don't worry, they can regrow or be picked up).

Should be noted this game got major hate in the west, really unjust and misunderstood assessments, Jim Sterling included.

This review is very fair and thorough:

2Neverdead Empty Re: Neverdead Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:15 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

I played the shit out of this. It's a decent game. It even has blade mode-like cutting mechanics though I found those were completely overshadowed by gunplay.

I also glitched it to the max.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXU-ANzr6wNeLuqdRwM42myCv--tWG6xG

I spent way more time glitching than actually playing it though, so I never got around to using exploding limbs.

3Neverdead Empty Re: Neverdead Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:57 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Man you glitch-suplexed that shit! How you learn how to glitch so good?

One thing I like, and it's a personal thing, is that enemies and you have different blood colours other than red. Enemies bleed a mix of blue for regular blood, yellow/orange blood for weak spots and white as well. Brice also bleeds a mix of red, blue and white notably when he regrow limbs. Red is overdone to me, I prefer to see other interesting blood colours get used instead.

Nanobreaker notably has the most insane blood options: Full Blood Customisation red, yellow, green, white, blue, violet the whole damn rainbow if you want. So needless but it makes the otherwise drab visuals look like loony toons with the confetti fountains of blood spewed by your average mook.

House of the Dead 2 has the most iconic example for me, it's well known that HotD1 had red blood in most arcades, so they changed it to green blood for most cabinets for the sequel, that's the version I played in arcades. The wii version has the option for red or green blood, always green, just not right otherwise.

4Neverdead Empty Re: Neverdead Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:55 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I used to glitch all the time a while back, not so much these days.

Just had an idea for a topic relating to the cutting mechanics.

5Neverdead Empty Re: Neverdead Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:33 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I remember seeing footage of this game when it came out and thinking: "wow, this looks really fun" only to see it get swarmed with 3/10, 2/10, "most horrible game ever" comments and I stayed away like the idiot that I was back then haha. Really should give this a whirl.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

6Neverdead Empty Re: Neverdead Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:12 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

The main complaint I heard was how easy it was to get torn apart. Somewhat true. You lose a body part pretty much every time you get hit. Some attacks could destroy your whole body or decapitate you instantly.

I never found it that bad and it was actually really cool how you could be hopping around on one leg while shooting, or losing an arm but still being able to make it fire the gun it was holding. You even have options when you're down to just a head. It's hilarious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum