You are not connected. Please login or register

What would you like to see changed/added in this game?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

So with this game on the way, what would you like to see added or changed in this game?

For me most things that pop in my mind are:

• don't make Witch Time a crutch, make it optional;
  • rebalance the combo system to not support the spamming of a single move;
  • add solo missions too with weird but challenging enemy combinations;
  • aim for 100% stable 60 fps;
  • change the weapon switch mechanics, having so many weapons but using the menu to swap is getting really tired. There are more ways out there, try them;
  • new costume for Bayonetta
  • have amiibo support be minimal, no costumes or whatever locked behind them. Just some halos or something;
  • replace Umbran Climax with something innovative. Not saying it should be akin to Living Weapon of Nioh or something, but at least try something new;
  • try a different approach to level design, maybe a bit more adventure based like Ninja Gaiden Black;
  • intergrate wallrunning and ceiling running into the combat;
  • take a good hard look at the weapons we've had, and include none of them outside of the pistols. All new ideas, all new weapons. Bayonetta 2 was all the better for it;
  • no 'slow, high damage' weapon, especially when paired with a 'freeze weapon', lest all fights turn into a laughable affair;
  • no multiplayer exclusive characters, let us play as Balder, Rodin etc in the single player too;
  • try and get Trish or Lady in there as a cameo, would love that;
  • we've already been to heaven, hell and purgatory, so time for something new I'd say. Maybe space, aliens? Something along those lines? Or worse, humans?

That's all I can think of right now. Any other takers?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

I'd rather there not be any multiplayer.

Never played enough of Bayo 2 as I got a Wii super late and had only ever played a little on a friend's console but I've heard weird things about Bayo 2. Wouldn't want any of them back.

I can't think of any major issue with the first game in terms of gameplay that I'd want changed. I guess new weapons and costumes and maybe a bloody palace arena and practice mode. Wouldn't be against those NGB level elements.

If they can't get Trish and Lady, it would be cool to at least have their costumes. Add more costumes from other games too.

Definitely no amiibo or DLC.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Maybe it's because you only borrowed it and that the WiiU was pretty much dead, but even then the multiplayer was absolutely amazing. I cannot see how it would not benefit from being in the game. The missions were just single fights from the campaign that you could no co-op, sometimes with a wave or two and a few hidden bosses or dual bosses that weren't in the main campaign. It was further improved by the fact that what you earned carried over to the main game in terms of halos, making it worth your while.

The mechanics were simple. You chose a mission, and the player with the highest score got to chose the next. Each time you chose one the difficulty went up and the rewards went up, but if you lost you lost nearly all your halos that you had earned. So after every mission you could chose, continue? Or quit with the loot? Made it really exciting if you were really deep into the run and were thinking "one more...or not"?

Sometimes a random mission would appear, which were usually really hard like a Jeanne and Bayonetta dual boss fight. That did not screw around.

Add more costumes from other games too.

If there is one thing Bayonetta 2 did well, something that other games in the genre can learn from (looking at you Ninja Gaiden...) it only added costumes, not removed them. All outfits from Bayonetta 1 were in the game, only new ones were added. Loved it!

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

CUSTOM CONTROLS!!! CUSTOM CONTROLS!!!

Bring the little king devil skin back!!!

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

but even then the multiplayer was absolutely amazing. I cannot see how it would not benefit from being in the game.
I just don't like it. Never liked multiplayer games really. It depends I guess. As long as it's not the focus and optional it doesn't affect me.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Birdman wrote:but even then the multiplayer was absolutely amazing. I cannot see how it would not benefit from being in the game.
I just don't like it. Never liked multiplayer games really. It depends I guess. As long as it's not the focus and optional it doesn't affect me.
To each their own, I love playing together with friends but mostly because I have really good memories of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, which forged brotherhoods in steel. Aside from the nightmarish lag, I really miss those missions. They were downright evil in their design though.

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Sometimes it works in certain games for me but not others. In fighting games and racers it's mandatory, but in an action game I want to be left alone. I'll be trying to do something and you'll have the other guy knocking the enemy away or something. I just prefer to play without interference.

Last edited by Birdman on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Damn, the Switch board. Count how many times they use the word 'exclusive'. Console fanboys are complete idiots. All they do is make topics about exclusivity and gloat about who isn't getting it, referencing or linking to sites or posts where some other console fanboy is having a meltdown over it.

I see it for every console but Nintendo fans strike me as particularly egregious in this regard.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It all depends on perspective I guess. PS4 fanboys are horrible too (or just generally EVERY console-board on Gamefaqs is toxic). I never got this mentality, we all have the same hobby? Can't we just get along? 

To be fair though, I was like that too when I was younger... hated Sonic players when I was 6 and loathed Xbox and PS2 owners when I was 12. Why have those if you could rock it with Nintendo bro?

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yep they're all pretty bad. It's almost like they're paid employees. It kinda creeps me out actually.

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

You forgot the Power Glove!!!

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Here's a dose of daily gamefaqs stupid for you. Oh man.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/228821-bayonetta-3/76080164

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Birdman wrote:Here's a dose of daily gamefaqs stupid for you. Oh man.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/228821-bayonetta-3/76080164

You know it's going to be good when you cannot even see the original post because you have that person on ignore haha. Had to open in a private window.

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

It's the most insecure topic I've ever seen.

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I'm an A rank...

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'll post my reply here too:

To be fair, the Bayonetta ranking system isn't the greatest around. It barely does what it needs to, and especially in Bayonetta 2 where back-foward-heavy with Rodin was all you needed for a PP and it even allowed item-spam, but then again nearly every game has this problem; DMC3 has a huge problem with super costumes (and even then Reb/Beo with gun/spiral is too easy), MGR:R has the armorbreaker issue and NG3RE had the ever loved 360T. Ranking screens are great for those who want something to aim for. And those that want highscores can aim for the total score, and those that just want to experiment and do handicap runs can also ignore it. I remember hating doing a challenge run in Metal Gear Rising with the no-fuel rule and getting a freak'n C rank because of my self-induced challenges.

I can imagine people wanting to switch it off, I know a friend who couldn't play Hitman Absolution (no loss there) because it constantly ranked him, and that can get de-motivating for a more casual player who might grow into a great player if he had the motivation. A 'hide ranking screen' option would be fine, would also help speedrunners. Other games that a lot of the people in this very thread like have done this like Metal Gear Rising where you can skip the whole ranking screen by mashing jump.

I still think Ninja Gaiden Black did it best in terms of difficulty. Ninja Dog was a great mode that gave starting players just enough advantages in terms of numbers to give them an edge without them being able to mash. If they wanted to beat Alma or Doku, they still had to learn. And there were also just enough stuff taken away from them, they couldn't use the black outfit, they had a pink ribbon, the start-screen was no longer Ryu and they couldn't obtain the highest rank. Perfect fit. It gave new players who were intimidated something to play with, while also learning and having something to aim to. Something Bayonetta lacks in that its Easy and Ultra Wombo Combo Easy are just you planting your fist on the controller and having a party without looking at the screen to see Bayonetta do this gazillion hit combo video combo, doesn't teach anyone anything.

However, I am against making games for everyone. Having a mode that makes it a bit easier to get into a title for slow learners is fine, but a game should have a target audience, otherwise it will never be good and just be this 'okay' game that everyone thinks is 'okay'.

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Nice reply.

The real stupid of that topic lies in these comments.

In the great words of SuperButterBuns: ranking systems are only for people who are petty and feel they have something to prove by getting high scores in video games

No, the developers don't need to waste time and effort on something that only serves to protect a small number of people's worthlessly fragile egos. Normal people are capable of just ignoring the rankings and continuing to play the game. This is no different than getting insulted by the names given to lower difficulty levels in some games.

The insecurity is real.

These types simply got mad and jealous, and now try to justify their views by attacking people who love, you know, actually PLAYING games and using all the tools/mechanics CREATED by the developers.

I wonder why they even bother playing such games? They obviously like them, but don't want to learn even the basics of how to improve, so they shun those that do, then campaign to have features removed. Looks like an inferiority complex to me, but hey, this IS from Gamefaqs, where pretty much everyone suffers from it.

I don't believe that they really want just the option to not look at a screen removed. I don't believe this can truly bother anyone when you can pass it with a single button press. It's all just trying to get these games dumbed down so they can feel special without actually doing a single thing.

There was another topic recently that I forgot about and I think it's been pushed back quite a few pages now. Better it stays that way, but the guy who made this Bayo 3 topic also posted there. The topic was something like "Am I the only one that thinks the DMC series is average?".

He posted something about air combos but I forget the exact wording. It was the same thing though, just trying to downplay what skilled players can do.

Edit: Found it.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/76094931

Maybe dmc was relevant in 2001 but today, why would you bother wasting time to learn to juggle a dumb ai for 15 seconds when you could play a fighting game and try to do that against an actual human opponent?

Gold.

Last edited by Birdman on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Man we 0lD B0YZ ain't we? Juggles are for chumps :p. Dem' KiDz got no gumption for juggles...

...Sorry I've got nothing of substance to add here.

Dark_Blood_NG

C-Rank
Veteran

Premise: I only played Bayo 1 so everything I'm posting is refferred to it.

Royta wrote:don't make Witch Time a crutch, make it optional
I agree, I hate it. I think the point of witch time was just to teach the player the exact timings of the attacks of the enemies, before they jump into climax. Though it ends up being a crutch, but a lot of players just think of it as the actual core mechanics, which instead are wicked weaves and dodge offset. So they complain about climax mode, which imo is the best mode. And I actually liked if there were even a harder mode in which enemies had more health, but probably they wouldn't make too hard to do no damage runs for PP rankings.

Royta wrote:change the weapon switch mechanics, having so many weapons but using the menu to swap is getting really tired. There are more ways out there, try them
I don't know how i feel about it, because I think they wanted to go the DMC3 route, in which you are not supposed to switch mid combat, and you are forced to use a setup made of two melee weapons. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, since it encourages you to find different setups and do full playthroughs with specific setups you are experimenting with. Though, if you get tired of it for some reasons, they let you swap during the mission.

Royta wrote:try a different approach to level design, maybe a bit more adventure based like Ninja Gaiden Black
I wouldn't like exploration in action games, but this is purely subjective.

Birdman wrote:I'd rather there not be any multiplayer
I agree, unless they give single players a mission mode that's perfectly balanced and challenging for single player gameplay, and they don't waste resources that should be invested into polishing the game. Then, if the game is perfectly polished and finished, they can do all the multiplayer they want.

Birdman wrote:a bloody palace arena
Something similar already exists in the form of Lost Verses.

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Found a great topic on Gamefaqs, believe it or not. We need this guy over here.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/228821-bayonetta-3/76378765#7

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Pretty interested where they'll take the game next. I'm surprised they haven't given us more information, though with Bayonetta dying in the trailer it could be that they are going to play this one close to the chest. Wonder if they'll solve the weapon problem previous games had (too many options, to easy to find a broken combination).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum