You are not connected. Please login or register

Death Stranding - New Trailer

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Death Stranding - New Trailer on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Birdman

This freaked me out. Seriously WTF?

View user profile

2 Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:17 pm

I loved the first trailer, really gave me that Morrison vibe of weird storytelling, that aside...there's nothing to see here outside of a nice trailer. I remember reading that when the first trailer was shown they hadn't even gone out of the concept phase of the game, meaning there was nothing of an actual game, nothing. Not even a concept on how it would play. Fact that they made a trailer before even that worries me heavily.

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

3 Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:50 pm

Birdman

Heard rumors here and there of it being an open world suspense/horror, but who knows?

I honestly can't tell what kind of game this will be from the any of the trailers. Looks like a horror setting, but gameplay-wise, no idea. I haven't actually ever seen anything as bizarre as this before. Looking forward to more news.

View user profile

4 Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:57 am

Gameplay I guess will be like a finished version of MGS5 but doubling down on the supernatural stuff this time. I'm not so keen on having famous faces for the characters as I prefer original character designs, but they've shown suit designs the characters will likely be wearing so that compensates. I'm intrigued but I'll wait for gameplay to be invested.

View user profile

5 Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:20 am

@Gabriel Phelan Lucas wrote:Gameplay I guess will be like a finished version of MGS5 but doubling down on the supernatural stuff this time. I'm not so keen on having famous faces for the characters as I prefer original character designs, but they've shown suit designs the characters will likely be wearing so that compensates. I'm intrigued but I'll wait for gameplay to be invested.

I have this problem too, seeing an actor in a game just doesn't work for me. It lacks characters and the animation always feels forced instead of being perfectly fit for a certain scene etc. There is no real nuance.

6 Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:54 pm

I think Kojima's status as gaming's foremost Godly Auteur Director has gone to his head, he seems to want to shove in as many of his new Hollywood friends in as possible without considering if they are fit for that role.

Plus many Hollywood actors aren't used to voice acting, which is why i have a tremendous amount of respect for voice actors. Having famous faces is immersion breaking(and im not one to fuss over this typically) to an extent for me, simply because its so distracting and i don't care for Hollywood faces at all.

Oh yeh, and we don't know what genre it is. I assume Stealth/action horror/scifi themed shooter. But one thing i can't be mad at is that it clearly has art and themes inspired by Junji Ito works, namely Gyo Fish Attack. I'm sure its going to be a good game, but its clearly Kojima getting the Metal Gear out of his system. i'm more interested in his game after this. It's odd as he wanted to stop making MGS since 1, he didn't want to make MGS3 or MGR as he wanted to leave it to his team. id like to see what that team can do with another director.

And what of the ZOE2 team? They should get to make another game.

View user profile

7 Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 am

Birdman

Finally get to see some actual gameplay and they show...walking and stealth. In the most basic form. What the fuck?

You'd think after all this time and all those creepy trailers they'd present something that sets this game apart but nope. Fuck off.

View user profile

8 Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:28 am

Yeah I'm a bit confused. Granted what we saw looked really good, but only in the graphical and animation department. I honestly have no clue what kind of game I'm looking at and while I like the art-house'ness of it, I'd like to at least know what sort of game it will be.

9 Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Yeah I'm sorry but I just find it hard to care about this anymore. What the fuck is it? Walking for ages isn't something that sounds appealing whatsoever. I found almost everything that wasn't a Sony FP title to be much more intriguing this year. Even if the game is just walking it will still be praised to high heaven of course and Kojima will get his butt licked like always. If Kojima made Dear Esther it would be considered a legendary masterpiece.

Seriously I like the guys games, but the overwhelming adoration for him is getting way too over-the-top.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum