Working on the new site, main url might break from time to time for few days. Use http://stinger.actieforum.com/

You are not connected. Please login or register

God of War 1 General Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Thu May 09, 2019 5:57 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
It is easily the hardest part in the series in my opinion. If you have the Rage upgrade you just have to spam magic as much as you can. But even then they can get a few hits in. Square Square Triangle works well to keep them locked down. Try to conserve magic and super-meter when needed. They give you a lot of refills as I recall.

http://stinger.actieforum.com

52God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Thu May 09, 2019 6:51 pm

RedShot

C-Rank
Got it, I think I'll do it tonight.

53God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Sun May 12, 2019 6:24 pm

RedShot

C-Rank
I'm doing a god mode/very hard run, I'm enjoying it so far. I'm using launchers and grabs more efficiently, almost no magic, no rage and no qte finishers for more orbs.

54God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Sun May 12, 2019 8:19 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
So I assume you beat the Clones? Good job!

Very Hard is extremely fun once you get the game's mechanics down. I remember doing a NUR and immediately doing a PAIN run afterwards since the core combat is just so addictive, really a type of game you can constantly get better at. Note that SOME QTE finishers give more orbs, I think against the giants for instance. Doing petrification kills gives the most I think if you shatter them, the "shatter" bonus is huge. Freezing flying enemies is a great way to get this, as they'll fall to their death immediately.

55God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Sun May 12, 2019 10:28 pm

RedShot

C-Rank
Yeah, I beat them, thanks!
Nice info about red orbs, I'll petrify more enemies from now on.
By the way, I've read some David Jaffe's interviews and that guy seems very different from what I had imagined. Even this tweet is very weird coming from a director that created such a good action game:
https://twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/1103887485711527936

56God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Sun May 12, 2019 11:24 pm

Birdman

I dont get it. Let me get this straight.

>Loved the demo, but too hard and not fun.
Wut?

>Lost in DMC adventure.
Play an adventure game then FFS.

>No desire to master anything.
What's the point then? DMC exploration isn't that good.

>Is worried about easy mode being a 'baby's toy'.
Why? He just said he doesn't care for mechanics and wants to explore, but now being too easy is an issue.

This guy is all over the place. Has to be a joke post.

57God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Mon May 13, 2019 1:07 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
This is a good time to remind everyone that the director might not play such a big roll in the individual elements you enjoy in your favorite action games. It is really the concept artists, gameplay designers, etc. that bring it to life.
I forgot the name of the head combat guy from GOW but he played a huge part from what I have read. Jaffe might have just came up with Kratos and nothing more, we really don't know.

Sent from Topic'it App

58God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Mon May 13, 2019 8:21 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Jaffe is a pretty big troll, but you also have to take into account that God of War is nearly 14 years ago at this point. A lot can change in a person's opinion in 14 years. The game itself comes with interviews included in bonus material, which are worth the watch.

Jaffe was more responsible for the overal vision. The appeal, and what niche the game should fill. Detailed mechanics are more up to the overal development team themselves.

Taken from a glorious article writen by an absolute genius:
A Game-Director is the man with the idea that guides the team, often through the game’s leads – Lead Designer, Lead Artist, Lead Programmer etc. – to make the game he envisions. He directs the team through the title’s development while keeping an eye on the budget and schedule, while also managing the team and their wishes. In short: he focuses on the big picture.

The Game-Designer creates the core features of said big picture. Directed by their Lead Game Designer they work from the decided upon concept to create characters, graphics, gameplay mechanics and more.

The person Hedfone is talking about is Derek Daniels (don't be a moron like me think its Daniel Dereks, that's nsfw apparently. Learn something new every day). Guy is mostly responsible for the combat mechanics in GoW1 and laying down the fundamentals.

59God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Mon May 13, 2019 8:58 am

Birdman

Ok but even so his post is all over the place.

What does he want?

No learning, and not hard, but not easy enough to be baby mode?

He already said he only cares for the 'DMC adventure'. What is this? Exploration? Story? Id so then why so worried about baby toy mode?

60God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Mon May 13, 2019 11:57 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
There's a big difference to what a man makes, and what he likes to play though. Kamiya loved GoW2018 and I doubt most even play their titles on the hardest setting. God of War 1 was made as a power fantasy that mash your way through. Just so happens to have a fantastic system and a higher difficulty that bites back.

61God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Mon May 13, 2019 12:14 pm

RedShot

C-Rank
Hedfone is right, the director is not a one man army, still I was surprised reading some Jaffe's opinions. Birdman and I had a similar reaction.

@Raeng Haha I remember that genius.

62God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Mon May 13, 2019 12:34 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
I watched him livestream a few times, he's a really interesting individual, pretty big pottymouth too. Even calling some trolls out to talk shit to him live haha! Guy was at the center of some sort of political attack at one point as I recall, not sure. The basic internet-drama, he said a thing, people didn't like said thing, it escalated.

Does he still make games?

63God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Mon May 13, 2019 10:30 pm

Birdman

There's a big difference to what a man makes
Sure but even then his post is a mess.

If you just want 'DMC adventure' why is being too easy baby mode an issue when you just said you don't care for difficulty or learning how to play?

64God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Thu May 16, 2019 5:54 pm

RedShot

C-Rank
Stuck at the clones on God Mode difficulty. I hate them, how did they pass the testing ?

65God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Thu May 16, 2019 8:21 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
They really showcase the bizarre nutjobbery of early PS2 titles. They just require a very specific tactic to beat. Personally the "translator" fight in GoWII is worse, that stuff was the hell-scape of nightmares honestly. Never again.

66God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Thu May 16, 2019 9:09 pm

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
I loved the Translator on GoW2, one of my favorite parts of a pretty disappointing game for me.
Though I only played on hard, so maybe that is why haha.

67God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Sun May 26, 2019 1:18 pm

RedShot

C-Rank
Got the platinum too. Challenges were way easier than I thought. The speedrun with Ares' armor and on easy difficult was very funny. I didn't know you could skip a lot of fights. Maybe I'll do some challenge runs in the future but I'd like to play its sequel now.

68God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Sun May 26, 2019 6:12 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
The costumes were really fun and I miss their unique charm. Cog of War and War Chef etc were all really fun, can you imagine current day Kratos be playable in a business suit wielding two suitcases? And for free? Different times.

I'd say try the other titles! GoWII is fantastic, as is the third part. The story is fun too, people tend to forget it really was the 'gaming epic' of its generation in terms of story as well. When three came out people were really looking forward to the conclusion of the tale.

69God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion on Sun May 26, 2019 7:21 pm

Nadster

B-Rank
I remember reading about the Spud Of War costume!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum