You are not connected. Please login or register

Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds DLC

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds DLC on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:09 pm

Birdman

I heard this comes out today. Just watched some gameplay and explanation on what's new and it sounds great. I sold the game a while back but will rent it this weekend and get the DLC. I still have my full save. Might just rebuy it.

I heard that the DLC has a level recommendation like The Witcher 3 DLCs, and as I understand it you can access it any time, so possibly from a new game. I wonder how hard it would be?

View user profile

2 Re: Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds DLC on Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:11 pm

I love Horizon so much, but I still haven't gotten around to the Frozen Wilds. Part of that is because I like to own things physically, and the upcoming complete edition will have all of the tweaks and new content on-disc. Sooo I'm just waiting to buy that.

The combat and enemy design in this game are so good, and I'm honestly thinking of doing a spear-only playthrough of the game sometime for a different challenge. Between stealth and overriding I *think* it would be possible.

3 Re: Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds DLC on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:59 am

I only just found out that the concept artist of Horizon: Zero Dawn is an old friend of mine from school. We both studied at the same academy, we played World of Warcraft together often and sometimes chilled in RL. I knew his (still current) girlfriend too. Nice guy.

https://www.artstation.com/lloydallan

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

4 Re: Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds DLC on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:22 am

Birdman

Not sure if I'll bother with this game after reading they've nerfed some encounters due to complaints they were too hard. All it takes is a group of whiners.

View user profile

5 Re: Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds DLC on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:51 am

Birdman

I grabbed the complete edition today. It was on sale.

Never got around to the DLC. Cant wait to try it. Will update about the new enemies and harder mode here later.

View user profile

6 Re: Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds DLC on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Birdman

Ok, I've started the DLC from my previous save which is just before the final boss. I have all skills and level 50. The first new enemy is capable of killing you in near one hit even then, though my armor is for stealth so barely any defense of fire resistance.

View user profile

7 Re: Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds DLC on Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:33 am

Birdman

There are these towers now that constantly buff and heal nearby enemies. You can destroy them or override. Overriding will send out a shockwave that temporarily disable machines. I'd rather just destroy the tower though.

Enemies have a new state called Daemon. I hate these because they are immune to corruption. They are just like corrupt enemies from the base game but stronger.

I'm enjoying the combat and sneaking around the world, but damn the handholding is off the charts. It's offensive. Imagine the most linear path, like through a dungeon/facility or whatever. Imagine not being able to get lost if you tried, like actually tried with all your might. Now imagine elements added to show you exactly where to go, so obvious they might as well be glaring spotlights. Now add the character who won't shut up about where to go. If you dare to explore or even face another direction you get scolded.

Let's say you were stupid enough to miss all of the above, you still have the Focus, a piece of head gear that scans the environment, showing you where everything is.

When did this happen? When did gamers become so stupid, or developers believed it so? Was there some kind of campaign or outrage I totally missed? It's not just Horizon. To my knowledge, this crap started around the PS3 days.

Roy, I know this isn't 100% action game related, but this might be worth an article. Might make a thread about it.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum