You are not connected. Please login or register

Amiibos

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Amiibos Empty Amiibos Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:25 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

So I got the Metroid one for Samus Returns today. I just paid $29.99 for fusion (aka very hard mode). I just paid more or less the same amount as most huge DLC expansions for what should have been a basic feature. They should have locked the jump too, and has this cool amiibo of Samus jumping over an enemy while shooting them in the back.

Seriously though, has it really come to this? Basic modes locked. Amiibo are basically physical DLC. I know they have the collector's side to the figure but I didn't ask for that shit.

I read that Nintendo once said they would never lock content on these damn things. Fucking liars. Good thing I recently learned that you can buy these chips and pirate them. It's what they deserve. Complicated process though.

What do you guys think of these things?

Last edited by Birdman on Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Amiibos Empty Re: Amiibos Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:15 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Amiibos seem pretty scummy really, since they are just used as limited quantity dlc(under the guise of collectors items), not surprising given nintendo seems to be artificially limiting their stock quantities to make each product a rare collectors item, like the recent snes mini classic(already have these games emulated) or some such nonsense.

I don't have a Nintendo system that uses them nor would i buy them, as figurines, dlc or otherwise.

3Amiibos Empty Re: Amiibos Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:25 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

As much as I hated buying it, I felt I had no immediate choice. The piracy path is pretty arduous from my perspective, being garbage at that kind of thing, and I want my Fusion mode now.

For me, extra difficulties are what generate a lot of replay value in my games. To have such a simple thing purposely locked is criminal. But I met a guy at this Magic card store who has this little box full with like 50+ chips lol. I'm going to get him to get me all the content I want. Screw Nintendo.

4Amiibos Empty Re: Amiibos Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:56 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Honestly it's a fine line they are walking, but I prefer this business model to what other companies are doing for one reason: it's multiuse and you can sell it. Most amiibos do things for all sorts of games, and you can always sell them if you no longer want the DLC. That and you can get a pretty slick statue for it.

But I do feel that they should just add in game extras that you can unlock regularly, and not couple it on a statue that will be really rare. It's a stupid idea. That said this is Nintendo trying out the DLC market and honestly it's a pretty smart system. I still like it.

But that fusion-difficulty being tied to a rare statue was stupid I completely agree.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

5Amiibos Empty Re: Amiibos Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:44 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Ultimately, it's what they've locked that has really pissed me off. For people like us these modes are critical. This is what initially made me rage. I'm totally new to this amiibo stuff.

I hate DLC in general, but I've come to accept it. However, difficulty modes should NEVER be locked.

You made a good point that it can be sold, which is something you can't do with regular DLC. Do these amiibo work on other 3DSs?

6Amiibos Empty Re: Amiibos Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

So you can actually just buy the NFC cards online pre-made. That makes things so much easier for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum